Yoga, the ancient technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been best known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
* Patients also stress that yoga may improve physical and mental well-being.
* Yoga participants may also experience positively change of physical function, anxiety/depression, fatigue, sleep disturbance, social roles, and pain.
Dr. Middleton KR, the led author said,"Adopting behaviors that improve well-being and quality of life include those that integrate mental health (mind) and physical health (body). Few studies have examined offering integrative modalities to this population".
Truly, yoga slow breathing and meditation calm the central nervous system in response to stress implication in production of stress hormone to stimulate the expression of inflammatory cytokine in precipitated symptoms of arthritis such as pain, swelling, thus alleviating physical symptoms in all aspects.
Psychologically, by relaxed the nervous system during stress also ameliorated hormone imbalanced in over production of stress hormone, such as cortisol,... sex hormones , such as estrogen and testosterone and thyroid hormone in induction of anxiety and depression as well as improved production of hormone melatonin made by the pineal gland in control awake and sleep.
Some researchers suggested that the above indications can be achieved by certain yoga postures practice as they can stimulate different parts of your body, organs, chakras, and the endocrine system in control production of hormones and functionings.
The above differentiation were supported by study conducted by University of Cincinnati, in the review literature between 2010 to June 2013 to examine whether yoga can be an efficacious approach for managing arthritis from Medline, Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health, and Alt HealthWatch databases.
According to the findings of 9 studies satisfied the criteria, researchers found that
* 6 studies demonstrated the efficay of yoga in reduced both psychological or physiological symptoms related to arthritis.
* After adjusting other factors such as sample sizes, nonstandardized yoga intervention, not using behavioral theory, and having varying lengths, yoga may be used as a form of exercise in treating modality for arthritis.
And, the study of in the review of peer-reviewed research from clinical trials (published from 1980 to 2010), using yoga as an intervention for arthritis and reported quantitative findings by the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
According to 11 studies selected, scientists indicated that
* Most studies provided some extend evidences in ameliorated disease symptoms, including (tender/swollen joints, pain) and disability and improved self-efficacy and mental health
* Yoga was comparable or better than that typical for exercise interventions
* After adjusting to other factors, interventions, research methods, and disease diagnoses, no adverse effects have been recorded
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And P otatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Yoga as an alternative and complementary approach for arthritis: a systematic review by Sharma M1.(PubMed)
(2) A pilot study of yoga as self-care for arthritis in minority communities by Middleton KR1, Ward MM, Haaz S, Velummylum S, Fike A, Acevedo AT, Tataw-Ayuketah G, Dietz L, Mittleman BB, Wallen GR.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga for arthritis: a scoping review by Haaz S1, Bartlett SJ.(PubMed)