Urinary Incontinence, a medical, psychological, social, economic, and hygienic problem, characterized by loss of the bladder control causing mild or severe form of involuntary leakage of urine.
Yoga, the ancient practical technique practice for harmonized external and internal body well beings, through breath control, meditation, bodily movement and gesture..... has been best known for people in Western world and some parts in Asia due to health benefits reported by various respectable institutes' research and supported by health advocates.
According to the pilot randomized trial of ambulatory women aged 40 years and older with stress, urgency, or mixed-type incontinence, randomized assigned o a 6-week yoga therapy program (n = 10) consisting of twice weekly group classes and once weekly home practice or a wait-list control group (n = 9), after 6 weeks of program
* Women participated in yoga class demonstrated an incontinence frequency decreased by 70% in compared to 13% in the control group
* Furthermore, yoga group also expressed a significant decrease in stress incontinence frequency
of 71% in compared to 25% increase in controls
* There was no significant differences in reduction in urgency incontinence
Dr. Huang AJ, the led author after adjusting to other co founders said, "Findings provide preliminary evidence to support the feasibility, efficacy, and safety of a group-based yoga therapy intervention to improve urinary incontinence in women"
* Daily yoga and pelvic muscle exercise was positively correlated with improved incontinence factor
* The intervention also improved health related quality of life to urinary tract symptoms.
Even with the promising results but due to small sample size of the study, Dr, Kim GS, the led researchers said, "(Although, the)combined pelvic muscle exercise and yoga program was effective for improving overall urinary incontinence in community health center attendees in Korea. Further study is needed with a control group, different populations, and a longer intervention period".
yoga as a mind-body therapy, may help to reduce inflammation and improve symptoms of urge urinary incontinence.
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) A group-based yoga therapy intervention for urinary incontinence in women: a pilot randomized trial by Huang AJ1, Jenny HE, Chesney MA, Schembri M, Subak LL.(PubMed)
(2) Combined pelvic muscle exercise and yoga program for urinary incontinence in middle-aged women by Kim GS1, Kim EG2, Shin KY3, Choo HJ4, Kim MJ5.(PubMed)
(3) Yoga: a biobehavioral approach to reduce symptom distress in women with urge urinary incontinence by Tenfelde S1, Janusek LW.(PubMed)
(4) Yoga increased serum estrogen levels in postmenopausal women-a case report by Afonso RF1, Kozasa EH, Rodrigues D, Leite JR, Tufik S, Hachul H.(PubMed)