According to the Clinical Centre of Nis, certain plant extracts may have the ability to scavenge free radicals, to protect the skin matrix through the inhibition of enzymatic degradation, or to promote collagen synthesis in the skin, affect skin elasticity and tightness(a).
Other suggested that free radicals induced domino effects in production of reactive oxygen species, can react with DNA, proteins, and fatty acids, causing oxidative damage and impairment of antioxidant system, leading injuries damage regulation pathways of skin, including wrinkles, roughness, appearance of fine lines, lack of elasticity, and de- or hyperpigmentation marks(b).
Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin, found in fresh fruits, berries and green vegetables.
Epidemiological studies, linking vitamin C in prevention of skin damage and aging have produced some certain results(3a)(3b)(3c), but the large sample size and multi canters studies are necessary to validate it effectiveness.
L-ascorbic acid, was known for its effects on skin-whitening anti-oxidation causes of skin aging.
Unfortunately, some researchers suggested that higher levels of circulating vitamin C may not provide protection against incident radiographic knee OA, and be associated with an increased risk of knee OA(6).
According to the Minghsin University of Science and Technology, in doses dependent manner, concentration of L-ascorbic acid, induced absorption of the collagen solution in exhibition of smoothing wrinkles and clear up the spots(8).
Taken altogether, vitamin C was found to be effective in slowdown skin aging regardless to the cause, through its antioxidant status, down regulated the expression of Matrix metalloproteinase (MMPs) and enhanced production of collagens. Daily ingestion of high-dose vitamin Cmay be considered safe, but in rare incidence, overdoses in a prolonged period of time, may cause intra-renal oxalate crystal deposition, a fatal nephrotoxicity(15)(16).
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(b) Phytoconstituents as photoprotective novel cosmetic formulations by Saraf S1, Kaur CD.(PubMed)
(1) Hass avocado composition and potential health effects by Dreher ML1, Davenport AJ.(PubMed)
(2) The effects of a daily facial lotion containing vitamins B3 and E and provitamin B5 on the facial skin of Indian women: a randomized, double-blind trial by Jerajani HR1, Mizoguchi H, Li J, Whittenbarger DJ, Marmor MJ(PubMed)
(3) A bioactive complex to protect proteins from UV-induced oxidation in human epidermis, by Schweikert K1, Gafner F, Dell'Acqua G.(PubMed)
(4) Protective effects of a cream containing Dead Sea minerals against UVB-induced stress in human skin by Portugal-Cohen M1, Soroka Y, Ma'or Z, Oron M, Zioni T, Brégégère FM, Neuman R, Kohen R, Milner Y.(PubMed)
(5) Topical use of dexpanthenol in skin disorders by Ebner F1, Heller A, Rippke F, Tausch I.(PubMed)
(6) Dexpanthenol enhances skin barrier repair and reduces inflammation after sodium lauryl sulphate-induced irritation by Proksch E1, Nissen HP.(PubMed)