Genetically modified food (GMF)/genetically modified organism (GMO) implication on infertility development may have a profound effect in increased risk infertility, scientists suggested.
The result was published on the research paper of the study conducted by the Lanzhou University.
Some researchers postulated that influx in worldwide infertility rates in Western world population may be a result of long term intake of genetically modified food.
Although, today, there has not been in justified whether the bad effects are directly resulted from products of genetic modifications or trans-genesis process, the potential risks associated with GMFs/GMOs on reproduction clearly were existed.
According to statistic, sperm counts among the world’s male population have declined as much as 40-50%, coincidentally to the height of GMO production in the world.
There must be a reason the EU government decided to ban the use of GMO products throughout Europe.
According to the study, "genetically modified food (GMF)/genetically modified organism (GMO) is responsible for infertility development", GMFs/GMOs could be potential hazard on reproduction, linking to the development of infertility through influencing the endocrine metabolism, endometriosis.
Even some short term studies have suggested that little evidence shows the impact on embryo or reproductive related tumor GMO fed mice.
But according to the study, mice fed GMO corn over a period of 20 weeks exerted a greatly impaired fertility in compared to the control.
Moreover, the offspring produced by GMO fed mice also suffered from lower fertility rates.
Due to the limited literature, length of experiment and small sample size, respectable scientists indicated that further research are necessary to validate the viability.
The the American Academy of Environmental Medicine, in regard to the genetically Modified Foods, suggested "physicians to educate their patients, the medical community, and the public to avoid GM foods when possible and provide educational materials concerning GM foods and health risks" and "For a moratorium on GM food, implementation of immediate long term independent safety testing, and labeling of GM foods, which is necessary for the health and safety of consumers"
Here are frequently asked questions on genetically modified foods prepared by WHO in response to questions and concerns from WHO Member State Governments with regard to the nature and safety of genetically modified food.
1. What are genetically modified (GM) organisms and GM foods?
2. Why are GM foods produced?
3. Is the safety of GM foods assessed differently from conventional foods?
4. How is a safety assessment of GM food conducted?
5. What are the main issues of concern for human health?
6. How is a risk assessment for the environment performed?
7. What are the issues of concern for the environment?
8. Are GM foods safe?
9. How are GM foods regulated nationally?
10.What kind of GM foods are on the market internationally?
11. What happens when GM foods are traded internationally?
12. Have GM products on the international market passed a safety assessment?
13. Why has there been concern about GM foods among some politicians, public interest groups and consumers?
14.What is the state of public debate on GMOs?
15. Are people’s reactions related to the different attitudes to food in various regions of the world?
16. Are there implications for the rights of farmers to own their crops?
17. Why are certain groups concerned about the growing influence of the chemical industry on agriculture?
18.What further developments can be expected in the area of GMOs?
19. What has WHO been doing to improve the evaluation of GM foods?
You can also view the answers at this page
For More information of yoga lessons tailor to a complete well being for women, please visit: YOGA BURN
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Use The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
FOOD HACK for Weight Loss
A Simple Cooking Technique That Cuts The Calories & Glycemic
Impact In Rice, Pasta, And Potatoes In Half
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrion, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Hypothetical link between infertility and genetically modified food by Gao M, Li B, Yuan W, Zhao L, Zhang X1(PubMed)
(2) Research Indicates That GMO Could Be a Cause of Infertility by Hethir Rodriguez C.H., C.M.T.(Natural Fertility Pro)
3. GMO(American Academy of Environmental Medicine)4. Food safety, Frequently asked questions on genetically modified foods(WHO)