Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Whole food(herbal medicine), linking health benefits in prevention, management and treatment of diseases has placed an important role in human history over many centuries. The finding of whole food medication by renowned scientists all over world to replace the single ingredient of Western medicine with little or no side effect has been difficult due to no commercial benefit and patent right to producers.
Cat's claw found in the tropical jungles of South and Central America, is a genus Uncaria, belonging to the family Rubiaceae, used in traditional medicine over two thousand years as a tonic, contraceptive, anti-inflammatory and infectious agent, and to treat diarrhea, rheumatic disorders, acne, diabetes, cancer and diseases of the urinary tract, etc..
The chemical constituents of Cat's claw include, ajmalicine, akuammigine, campesterol, catechin, carboxyl alkyl esters, chlorogenic acid, cinchonain, corynantheine, corynoxeine, daucosterol, epicatechin, harman, hirsuteine, hirsutine, iso-pteropodine, etc.
Breast cancer (malignant breast neoplasm) is a cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast either from the inner lining of milk ducts (Ductal carcinoma) or the lobules (Lobular carcinoma) that supply the ducts with milk.
There is also rare cases that breast cancer starts in other areas of the breast. In 2010, over 250,000 new cases of breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S. alone and the risk of getting invasive breast cancer during life time of a women is 1/8.
Hydroalcoholic extract of U. tomentosa is found to associate with reduction of accelerated tumor progression through many biological aspects.
Stusy of C57BL/6 male mice injected with MLDS (40 mg/kg) and orally treated with UT at 10-400mg/kg during 21 days, showed a higher number of intact islets and a significant inhibition of destructive insulitis, and significant protection against the loss of insulin-secreting presented β-cells.
The plant also expressed high level of modulation of the immune system. Immunomodulatory properties of medicinal plant showed to mitigate breast cancer cell growth, through immune cell types participate in the process especially cytotoxic T cells and natural killer cells, and cytokines.
In MT-3 and MCF7 cell lines, U. tomentosa also exhibited antiproliferative, cytotoxic, cytostatic and anti-inflammatory activity as well as mutagenic and antimutagenic properties.
Dr. Baraya YS, the lead author said,"Curcuma longa were reported to hold strong potential in breast cancer treatment in various parts of the world. Interestingly, research findings have shown that these plants possess bioactive immunomodulators as their main constituents producing the anticancer effects".
Furthermore, in vitro, immunomodulatory effects of an Uncaria tomentosa hydroalcoholic extract exhibited anti breast cancer effect by increased the production of cytokines related with anti-tumoral response at concentrations of 500-1000 μg/mL.
Arthritis Is Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer recommended by Kyle J. Norton
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Uncaria tomentosa extract alters the catabolism of adenine nucleotides and expression of ecto-5'-nucleotidase/CD73 and P2X7 and A1 receptors in the MDA-MB-231 cell line. by Santos KF1, Gutierres JM2, Pillat MM3, Rissi VB4, Santos Araújo MD5, Bertol G6, Gonçalves PB4, Schetinger MR2, Morsch VM7(PubMed)
(2) The Immunomodulatory Potential of Selected Bioactive Plant-Based Compounds in Breast Cancer: A Review by Baraya YS1, Wong KK2, Yaacob NS3(PubMed).
(3) [Immunomodulation of Uncaria tomentosa over dendritic cells, il-12 and profile TH1/TH2/TH17 in breast cancer].[Article in Spanish]by Núñez C1, Lozada-Requena I1, Ysmodes T1, Zegarra D1, Saldaña F1, Aguilar J1.(PubMed)
(4) Uncaria tomentosa-Adjuvant Treatment for Breast Cancer: Clinical Trial by Santos Araújo Mdo C1, Farias IL, Gutierres J, Dalmora SL, Flores N, Farias J, de Cruz I, Chiesa J, Morsch VM, Chitolina Schetinger MR.(PubMed)
(5) Cytotoxic effect of the pentacyclic oxindole alkaloid mitraphylline isolated from Uncaria tomentosa bark on human Ewing's sarcoma and breast cancer cell lines by García Giménez D1, García Prado E, Sáenz Rodríguez T, Fernández Arche A, De la Puerta R.(PubMed)
(6) The antiproliferative effects of Uncaria tomentosa extracts and fractions on the growth of breast cancer cell line by Riva L1, Coradini D, Di Fronzo G, De Feo V, De Tommasi N, De Simone F, Pizza C.(PubMed)