Whole food(herbal medicine), linking health benefits in the prevention, management, and treatment of diseases has placed an important role in human history over many centuries. The finding of whole food medication by renowned scientists all over the world to replace the single ingredient of Western medicine with little or no side effect has been difficult due to no commercial benefit and patent right to producers.
Cat's claw found in the tropical jungles of South and Central America, is a genus Uncaria, belonging to the family Rubiaceae, used in traditional medicine over two thousand years as a tonic, contraceptive, anti-inflammatory and infectious agent, and to treat diarrhea, rheumatic disorders, acne, diabetes, cancer and diseases of the urinary tract, etc..
The chemical constituents of Cat's claw include ajmalicine, akuammigine, campesterol, catechin, carboxyl alkyl esters, chlorogenic acid, cinchonain, corynantheine, corynoxeine, daucosterol, epicatechin, harman, hirsuteine, hirsutine, iso-pteropodine, etc.
Arthritis is one common musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) inflammatory diseases, affecting one or more joints with symptoms of joint pain and stiffness.
In a total of 50 patients with RA, undergoing sulfasalazine or hydroxychloroquine treatment enrolled in a randomized 52 week, 2 phase study, 24 weeks of treatment with the UT extract exhibited a reduction of the number of painful joints compared to placebo (by 53.2% vs 24.1%; p = 0.044),
Dr. Sandoval M.. the lead author at the Albany Medical College, suggested. oral pretreatment for UT protected against inflammatory disorders, through the interaction of the pro-inflammatory expression with its antioxidant properties.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effect of Uncaria tomentosa extract on purinergic enzyme activities in lymphocytes of rats submitted to experimental adjuvant arthritis model by Castilhos LG1, Rezer JF2,3, Ruchel JB4,5, Thorstenberg ML6,7, Jaques JA8,9, Schlemmer JB10,11, Doleski PH12, Rossato MF13, da Silva MA14, Casalli EA15,16, da Cruz RC17, Ferreira J18, Athayde ML19, Gonçalves JF20,21, Leal DB22,2(PubMed)
(2) Antioxidants and antiinflammatory dietary supplements for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis by Rosenbaum CC1, O'Mathúna DP, Chavez M, Shields K.(PubMed)
(3) Randomized double blind trial of an extract from the pentacyclic alkaloid-chemotype of uncaria tomentosa for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by Mur E1, Hartig F, Eibl G, Schirmer M.(PubMed)
(4) Cat's claw: an Amazonian vine decreases inflammation in osteoarthritis by Hardin SR1(PubMed)
(5) Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa and Uncaria guianensis) are independent of their alkaloid content by Sandoval M1, Okuhama NN, Zhang XJ, Condezo LA, Lao J, Angeles' FM, Musah RA, Bobrowski P, Miller MJ.(PubMed)