Garlic (Allium sativum) is a species in the onion genus, belonging to family Amaryllidaceae, native to central Asia. It has been used popularly in traditional and Chinese medicine in treating common cold and flu to the Plague, blood pressure cholesterol levels, natural antibiotic, etc.
Bowel cancer also known as colorectal cancer, is defined as a condition of the abnormal proliferation of cells in the colon, rectum, or vermiform appendix. Bowel cancer is relatively very common and slowly growing and progressing cancer and in a predictable way.
Bowel cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in developed countries, including the US and Canada.
Allicin (diallyl thiosulfinate) is the best-known biologically active component in freshly crushed garlic, found to reduce risk colon cancer through inhibited cancer cell lines HCT-116, LS174T, HT-29, and Caco-2, according to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Allicin purified from fresh garlic cloves induces apoptosis in colon cancer cells via Nrf2 by Bat-Chen W1, Golan T, Peri I, Ludmer Z, Schwartz B.(PubMed)
(2) Inhibition of cell growth and induction of apoptosis via inactivation of NF-kappaB by a sulfurcompound isolated from garlic in human colon cancer cells by Ban JO1, Yuk DY, Woo KS, Kim TM, Lee US, Jeong HS, Kim DJ, Chung YB, Hwang BY, Oh KW, Hong JT.(PubMed)
(3) Crude Garlic Extract Inhibits Cell Proliferation and Induces Cell Cycle Arrest and Apoptosis of Cancer Cells In Vitro by Bagul M1, Kakumanu S1, Wilson TA1,2.(PubMed)
(4) Diet and colorectal cancer by Baena R1, Salinas P2(PubMed)
(5) Diet and cancer: risk factors and epidemiological evidence by Baena Ruiz R1, Salinas Hernández P2.(PubMed)