Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Dementia is defined as neuro degeneration syndrome among elder, affecting memory, thinking, orientation, comprehension, calculation, learning capacity, language, and judgement over 47 millions
of worldwide population, mostly in the West. The evaluation of the syndrome by holistic medicine has been lacking, especially through conventional medicine research and studies.
As aging, accumulation of toxins of certain medication used to treat certain diseases, such as antidepressants, sedatives, cardiovascular drugs and anti-anxiety medications may cause increased risk of cognitive dysfunction, including dementia-like symptoms(146).
1. Antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, antipsychotics and benzodiazepines
An Antidepressant is a psychiatric medication used to treat mood disorders, such as major depression and dysthymia and anxiety disorders. According toJohns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. all antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), antipsychotics (atypical and typical), and benzodiazepines overtime of medication exposure, induced more rapid cognitive and functional decline in AD(147).
2. Anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Risks for AD and all-cause dementia were lower significantly with the use of any NSAIDs, but there is a weak link associated between usage of NSAIDs and the risk of cognitive impairment but not dementia(148).
Cannabis has been used for the treatment of a number of conditions, including neuropathic pain, spasticity associated with multiple sclerosis, and chemotherapy-induced nausea, etc,. Chronic use of cannabis may impair intellectual abilities, probably through some causal pathways(149).
Hallucinogens, psychedelic drugs, used primary action in altered cognition and perception, may cause distortion of sensory perception, and other psychic and somatic effects, including sweating, heart palpitations, blurring of vision, memory loss, trembling, and itching(150).
The most prescribed antipsychotic medication has shown to increase risk of dementia(152) and other cognitive dysfunction, depending to overtime chronic exposure(151).
Corticosteroids are synthetic drugs closely resemble cortisol, a steroid hormones produced by the adrenal glands to assist the physiologic processes, including stress response, immune response, and regulation of inflammation, carbohydrate metabolism, behavior, etc., but an excessive usage may induce risk of progressive cognitive decline(153)(154).
Antibiotics are medication taken to treat a variety of infections found to be associated with increased risk of psychomotor deceleration, delirium and psychosis in elderly patients(155)(156).
c. H2-receptor antagonists
H2-receptor antagonists are medicines taken to reduce the amount of acid in the stomach by blocking one important producer of histamine2, may cause acute and chronic cognitive impairments(157)(158).
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including dementia
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How ToPermanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
(146) Prescription Drugs That Cause Dementia By Alexander Grouch
(147) The association of psychotropic medication use with the cognitive, functional, and neuropsychiatric trajectory of Alzheimer's disease by Rosenberg PB1, Mielke MM, Han D, Leoutsakos JS, Lyketsos CG, Rabins PV, Zandi PP, Breitner JC, Norton MC, Welsh-Bohmer KA, Zuckerman IH, Rattinger GB, Green RC, Corcoran C, Tschanz JT.(PubMed)
(148) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use and the risk of cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease by Côté S1, Carmichael PH, Verreault R, Lindsay J, Lefebvre J, Laurin D(PubMed)
(149) Dementia associated with alcohol and other drug use by Hulse GK1, Lautenschlager NT, Tait RJ, Almeida OP..(PubMed)
(150) The Effects of Hallucinogenic Drugs on The Brain. Submitted by SerendipUpdate on Wed, 01/16/2008 - 4:34pm
(151) [Antipsychotic use in the cohort PACA-Alz in patients with Alzheimer's disease and other dementia in 2010].[Article in French] by Bonin-Guillaume S1, Martin G2, Zafack J3, Gentile G4, Allaria-Lapierre V5, Sciortino V5, Thirion X3, Micallef J6(PubMed)
(152) Risperidone and dementia-related aggression: new indication. A last resort, no better than haloperidol.[No authors listed](PubMed)
(153) A case of early-onset rapidly progressive dementia by Cachia D1, Smith T2, Paydarfar D3, Pomorska G3(PubMed)
(154) Delirium and severe illness: Etiologies, severity of delirium and phenomenological differences. by Boettger S1, Jenewein J1, Breitbart W2.(PubMed)
(155) [Unwanted side effects of antibacterials--a diagnostic challenge].[Article in German]by Fux R1, Mörike K, Gleiter CH.(PubMed)
(156) Gatifloxacin-induced delirium and psychosis in an elderly demented woman.by Satyanarayana S, Campbell B.(PubMed)
(157) [Drug-induced cognitive impairment].[Article in Japanese] by Shinohara M1, Yamada M.(PubMed)
(158) Drug-induced cognitive impairment in the elderly. by Moore AR1, O'Keeffe ST.(PubMed)