Diabetes is a chronic condition caused by insufficient insulin entering the bloodstream to regulate the glucose.
In other words, diabetes occurs when cells in the pancreas dying off or receptor sites clogged up by fat and cholesterol. In some cases, diabetes is also caused by allergic reactions of cells in the immune system.
Diabetic cardiomyopathy is a complication found in patients with diabetes associated with reducing the heart function in circulating blood through the body, leading to heart failure and increased accumulation of fluid in the lungs.
Diabetic cardiomyopathy is classified into different types, depending on the damage that has been affected, including
* Microangiopathy is a disorder that affects small blood vessels, leading to impaired myocardial blood flow reserve.
* Autonomic neuropathy is a disorder that affects the nerves that manage everyday body functions, leading to abnormal blood pressure, heart rate.
* Endothelial dysfunction is a disorder associated with the damage of vascular endothelium. The condition is considered an early event of cardiovascular disease.
The most common causes of diabetic cardiomyopathy are myocardial dysfunction in the absence of overt clinical coronary artery disease, valvular disease, and other conventional cardiovascular risk factors, such as hypertension and dyslipidemia.
With an aim to find a natural food for the prevention and treatment of diabetic complications, researchers examined the effect of sulforaphane (SFN) on T2DM-induced cardiac lipid accumulation and subsequent cardiomyopathy.
According to the tested analysis,
* SFN treatment significantly attenuated cardiac remodeling and dysfunction induced by T2DM.
* SFN treatment also significantly inhibited cardiac lipid accumulation, measured by Oil Red O staining, and improved cardiac inflammation oxidative stress and fibrosis, shown by down-regulating diabetes-induced PAI-1, TNF-α, CTGF, TGF-β, 3-NT, and 4-HNE expression involved in oxidation.
Taken altogether, broccoli processed abundantly SFN may be considered supplements for the prevention of diabetic cardiomyopathy, pending to the confirmation of the larger sample size and multicenter human study.
Intake of SFN in the form of supplements should be taken with extreme care to prevent overdose acute liver toxicity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You. How-To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Sulforaphane prevents the development of cardiomyopathy in type 2 diabetic mice probably by reversing oxidative stress-induced inhibition of LKB1/AMPK pathway by Zhang Z1, Wang S1, Zhou S1, Yan X2, Wang Y1, Chen J3, Mellen N3, Kong M4, Gu J5, Tan Y2, Zheng Y6, Cai L. (PubMed)