Papaya is a species of Carica Papaya, belongings to the family Caricaceae and native to the tropics of the Americas,. The plant was first cultivated in Mexico and several centuries
Alkaloids, Cardenolides, Anthraquinones, Saponins, Tannin, phenol, flavonoid, anthocyanin, Benzyl glucosinolate, benzylisothiocyanate, 5-(Hydroxymethyl)-2-furancarboxaldehyde, 2,3-dihydro-3,5-dihydroxy-6-methyl-4H-pyran-4-one and 1,3-dihydroxy-2-propanone,.....(a)
Carica papaya, in compared to pucuk ubi (Manihot esculenta), ulam raja (Cosmos caudatus), pegaga (Centella asiatica) and kacang botol (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus), dichloromethane extract of pucuk betik exerts an impressive 59.77% inhibitory activity against key enzymes related to type 2 diabetes and hypertension(1).
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences Universiti Putra Malaysia, after examined the alpha-amylase inhibition assay and at the end the study suggested that may consist a nutraceutical potential for hyperglycemia and hypertension prevention associated with type 2 diabetes(1).
Injection of crude ethanol extract of 10 microg/mL prepared from the unripened fruit of Carica papaya on using isolated rabbit arterial (aorta, renal and vertebral) strips induced relaxation of vascular muscle tone(2).
However, intake of papaya and its extract should be taken with care. if you are taking Warfarin. As according to University of Naples "Federico II", papaya might interact with Warfarin, the most common cardiovascular drug(3).
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(a) Chemical composition and bioactivity of dried fruits and honey of Ficus carica cultivars Dottato, San Francesco and Citrullara by Loizzo MR1, Bonesi M, Pugliese A, Menichini F, Tundis R.(PubMed)
(1) In vitro inhibitory potential of selected Malaysian plants against key enzymes involved in hyperglycemia and hypertension by Loh SP1, Hadira O.(PubMed)
(2) Blood pressure depression by the fruit juice of Carica papaya (L.) in renal and DOCA-induced hypertension in the rat by Eno AE1, Owo OI, Itam EH, Konya RS.(PubMed)
(3) Cardiovascular pharmacotherapy and herbal medicines: the risk of drug interaction by Izzo AA1, Di Carlo G, Borrelli F, Ernst E.(PubMed)
(4) Dietary and lifestyle factors in hypertension Journal of Human Hypertension by the Journal of Human Hypertension (2016)
(5) Alpha-adrenergic receptors and blood pressure control by Reid JL(PubMed)