Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Dementia is defined as neuro degeneration syndrome among elder, affecting memory, thinking, orientation, comprehension, calculation, learning capacity, language, and judgement over 47 millions
of worldwide population, mostly in the West. The evaluation of the syndrome by holistic medicine has been lacking, especially through conventional medicine research and studies.
Herbal Medicine forTreatment of Dementia - Ginkgo Biloba(Bai Guo)
Ginkgo biloba is the oldest living tree species, genus Ginkgo, belonging to the family Ginkgoaceae, native to China, from temperate zone to subtropical zone and some parts of north America(592). The herb been used in traditional herbal medicine in treating impotence, memory loss, respiratory diseases, circulatory disorders and deafness as well as preventing drunkenness, and bedwetting(591).
a. The memory enhancing effects
Capsules containing 60 mg of a standardised extract of Ginkgo biloba(GK501) and 100 mg of a standardised extract of Panax ginseng (G115) significantly improved an Index of Memory Quality(593), including learning and memory but not working and long-term memory(596). Its extract, in the logical memory test and nonsense picture recognition also exhibited improvement of 58.62% logical memory in compared to baseline(594). Commercial extract Ginkgo biloba EGb 761 is also found to enhance certain neuropsychological/memory processes of cognitively in older adults, 60 years of age and over(595).
b. Cognitive performance
Administration of single doses (120, 240, 360 mg) of standardised Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE), according to Northumbria University, showed to improvecognitive performance, including speed of attention, accuracy of attention, secondary memory, working memory, speed of memory, quality of memory(597). Combination of standardised extracts of Ginkgo biloba (GK501, Pharmaton SA) and Ginseng (G115, Pharmaton SA) administration showed a consistent effect on mood and aspects of cognitive performance ("quality of memory", "secondary memory", "working memory", "speed of memory", "quality of attention" and "speed of attention") in doses depend-manner(598). On acute cognitive effects, Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) with soy-derived phospholipids, improved secondary memory performance and significantly increased speed of memory task performance in comparision to post-dose testing sessions(599).
c. Cognitive impairment
Extracts of the leaves of Ginkgo biloba showed to improve a range of conditions including memory and concentration problems, confusion, depression, anxiety, dizziness, tinnitus and headache, recognition, regeneration, understanding, and recitation(603), probably thought its action in increasing blood supply by dilating blood vessels, reducing blood viscosity, modification of neurotransmitter systems, and the density of oxygen free radicals(600).
EGb761, a commercial product of Ginkgo biloba at 240 mg/day, stabilized or slow declined in cognition, function, behavior, at 22-26 weeks (602).
According to University of Oxford, the use of Ginkgo biloba treatment of cognitive impairment appeared to be safe with no excess side effects, but with inconsistent results(601).
Chinese Food Therapy
The Best Way to prevent, treat your disease, including dementia
and restore your health naturally with Chinese diet
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How ToPermanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
(592) Ginkgo biloba(Wikipedia)
(593) The memory enhancing effects of a Ginkgo biloba/Panax ginseng combination in healthy middle-aged volunteers by Wesnes KA1, Ward T, McGinty A, Petrini O.(PubMed)
(594) [Effects of Ginkgo biloba extract in improving episodic memory of patients with mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial].[Article in Chinese]by Zhao MX1, Dong ZH, Yu ZH, Xiao SY, Li YM.(PubMed)
(595) A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial of Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 in a sample of cognitively intact older adults: neuropsychological findings by Mix JA1, Crews WD Jr.(PubMed)
(596) Effects of Ginkgo biloba administered after spatial learning on water maze and radial arm maze performance in young adult rats by Shif O1, Gillette K, Damkaoutis CM, Carrano C, Robbins SJ, Hoffman JR(PubMed)
(597) Modulation of cognitive performance following single doses of 120 mg Ginkgo biloba extract administered to healthy young volunteers by Kennedy DO1, Jackson PA, Haskell CF, Scholey AB.(PubMed)
(598) Differential, dose dependent changes in cognitive performance following acute administration of a Ginkgo biloba/Panax ginseng combination to healthy young volunteers by Kennedy DO1, Scholey AB, Wesnes KA.(PubMed)
(599) Acute cognitive effects of standardised Ginkgo biloba extract complexed with phosphatidylserine by Kennedy DO1, Haskell CF, Mauri PL, Scholey AB.(PubMed)
(600) Ginkgo biloba for cognitive impairment and dementia by Birks J1, Grimley Evans J.(PubMed)
(601) Ginkgo biloba for cognitive impairment and dementia by Birks J1, Grimley EV, Van Dongen, M.(PubMed)