Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Dementia is defined as neuro degeneration syndrome among elder, affecting memory, thinking, orientation, comprehension, calculation, learning capacity, language, and judgement over 47 millions
of worldwide population, mostly in the West. The evaluation of the syndrome by holistic medicine has been lacking, especially through conventional medicine research and studies. The aim of this essay is to provide accurate information of how effective of holistic medicine in prevention, management and treatment of dementia through searching data base of PubMed.
This is the third time, a research paper has been written this way to general public that you will not find any where in the net.
Dementia is a neuropsychiatric disorder induced of cognitive impairment and behavioral disturbances. The behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD) are common, with a progressive loss of memory and other mental abilities, affecting a person's ability to perform usual tasks in everyday life.
Treatment in Conventional Medicine Perspective
B. Treatment of Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome due to long-term alcohol abuse
Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome is a type of dementia resulted of long term alcohol abuse causes of irreversible damage of the brain(447) due to thiamine deficiency with high morbidity and mortality(446).
Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome (WKS) is not a rare disorder, particularly in individuals who abuse alcohol, but there are insufficient evidence from randomized controlled clinical trials to guide clinicians in the dose, frequency, route or duration of thiamine treatment(450)
1. Initial treatment consists of reversing the thiamine deficiency by giving supplemental thiamine(448) and intravenous (IV) thiamine has little risk(449), Usually, the treatments begin with an initial intravenous or intramuscular dose, then followed by supplemental oral doses(447).
Patients with diabetes are found to associate with 15% high risk of Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome(451). Treatments of such patients should be taken accounted of glucose intake(453) as the combined diseases may causedisturbances of consciousness, or intoxication(452) with spiking acute serum glucose level(452).
According to State University of New York at Binghamton, treatment of Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome has shown to cause long-term alterations in neurogenesis(reduction of newly neuron generation) and gliogenesis(generation of non-neuronal Glial cells populations)(454).
Thiamine treatment usually can not reverse the loss of memory and intellect of Korsakoff psychosism but stopping alcohol use can prevent additional loss of brain function and damage to the nerves(456).
2. Side effects are not limit to(455)
a. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms
b. Experience hallucinations,
c. Confusion, and/or
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
(446) [Diagnostics and treatment of Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome patients with an alcohol abuse].[Article in Danish] by Nilsson M1, Sonne C.(PubMed)
(447) Complete recovery from undertreated Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome following aggressive thiamine treatment by Paparrigopoulos T1, Tzavellas E, Karaiskos D, Kouzoupis A, Liappas I(PubMed).
(448) Thiamine in the treatment of Wernicke encephalopathy in patients with alcohol use disorders. by Latt N1, Dore G.(PubMed)
(449) Wernicke-Korsakoff-syndrome: under-recognized and under-treated by Isenberg-Grzeda E1, Kutner HE, Nicolson SE.(PubMed)
(450) Thiamine for Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome in people at risk from alcohol abuse by Day E1, Bentham P, Callaghan R, Kuruvilla T, George S.(PubMed)
(451) Evolution of Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome in self-neglecting alcoholics: preliminary results of relation with Wernicke-delirium and diabetes mellitus by Wijnia JW1, van de Wetering BJ, Zwart E, Nieuwenhuis KG, Goossensen MA.(PubMed)
(452) [Diabetic coma and Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. On the clinical significance of acquired thiamine deficiency].[Article in German]by Vieregge P, Stuhlmann W.(PubMed)
(453) Korsakoff's psychosis due to massive beer intake provoked by diabetes insipidus by Farr RW1, Blankenship DC, Viti A, Albrink MJ.(PubMed)
(454) Stage-dependent alterations of progenitor cell proliferation and neurogenesis in an animal model of Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome by Vetreno RP1, Klintsova A, Savage LM.(PubMed)
(455) Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome(Healthline)
(456) Parkinson’s Disease and Parkinson’s Dementia(Healthguide.org)