Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Dementia is defined as neuro degeneration syndrome among elder, affecting memory, thinking, orientation, comprehension, calculation, learning capacity, language, and judgement over 47 millions
of worldwide population, mostly in the West. The evaluation of the syndrome by holistic medicine has been lacking, especially through conventional medicine research and studies. The aim of this essay is to provide accurate information of how effective of holistic medicine in prevention, management and treatment of dementia through searching data base of PubMed.
This is the third time, a research paper has been written this way to general public that you will not find any where in the net.
Causes of Dementia
D. Hormonal Causes of Dementia
1. Growth hormone
According to Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, physiological decline of the growth hormone (GH)/insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) axis due to ageing, may involve in the progression of cognitive deficits(116), probably due to ability of both hormones in stimulation of beta amyloid release from neurons and IGF-I involved on brain amyloid clearance(117).
According to Scientist at the Kings College London, the decreased production of estrogen due to aging in menopausal women may be association to the risk of dementia(118). Estrogen-replacement therapy has shown to reduce prevalence of Alzheimer's disease in postmenopausal women, but weighing risks and benefits of estrogen-replacement therapy must be taken into account(119)
Lower androgen levels in aging are associated with increased plasma Abeta 40 in older men with memory loss or dementia, according to the comparison of levels of serum total testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and plasma levels of amyloid beta peptide 40(120).
A decreased concentration of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) and lower DHEA-S/DHEA ratio are associated to risk of Alzheimer's disease (AD)(121)(122).
5. Sex-hormone binding globulin
Gonadotropins may be involved in processes and contribution to the etiology/pathogenesis of AD due to its involvement on inflammation, cholesterol homeostasis, and insulin status(123).
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
(118) Estrogen therapy and Alzheimer's dementia by Craig MC1, Murphy DG.(PubMed)
(119) Estrogen-replacement therapy and Alzheimer's disease in the Italian Longitudinal Study on Aging by Baldereschi M1, Di Carlo A, Lepore V, Bracco L, Maggi S, Grigoletto F, Scarlato G, Amaducci L.(PubMed)
(120) Relationship between testosterone, sex hormone binding globulin and plasma amyloid beta peptide 40 in older men with subjective memory loss or dementia by Gillett MJ1, Martins RN, Clarnette RM, Chubb SA, Bruce DG, Yeap BB.(PubMed)
(121) Serum dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and DHEA-sulfate (DHEA-S) in Alzheimer's disease and in cerebrovascular dementia by Yanase T1, Fukahori M, Taniguchi S, Nishi Y, Sakai Y, Takayanagi R, Haji M, Nawata H.(PubMed)
(122) Decreased dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) concentrations in plasma of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients by Aldred S1, Mecocci P.(PubMed)
(123) The role of gonadotropins in Alzheimer's disease: potential neurodegenerative mechanisms by
Barron AM1, Verdile G, Martins RN.(PubMed)