Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Dementia is defined as neuro degeneration syndrome among elder, affecting memory, thinking, orientation, comprehension, calculation, learning capacity, language, and judgement over 47 millions
of worldwide population, mostly in the West. The evaluation of the syndrome by holistic medicine has been lacking, especially through conventional medicine research and studies. The aim of this essay is to provide accurate information of how effective of holistic medicine in prevention, management and treatment of dementia through searching data base of PubMed.
This is the third time, a research paper has been written this way to general public that you will not find any where in the net.
Dementia is a neuropsychiatric disorder induced of cognitive impairment and behavioral disturbances. The behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD) are common, with a progressive loss of memory and other mental abilities, affecting a person's ability to perform usual tasks in everyday life.
Treatments In Herbal Medicine prospective
Lavender is a flower plant of the genus Lavandula, belonging to the family Lamiaceae, native to Asia. The herb has been used in traditional medicine as antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and mood alleviating(618), and burns and insect bites effects(623) agents, as well as treatment for depression, stress and mild anxiety(621) probably through its phytochemicals(constituents (-)-linalool, (+)-α-pinene and (+)-limonene ) in modulation of the immune and neuroendocrine system by interfering with metabolism of tryptophan(618).
a. Spatial performance
Lavender extract (LE, in AD animal model, showed effectively in improvement of spatial performance, through attenuation of Aβ production in histopathology of hippocampus(619) involved in memory forming, organizing, and storing. Its aqueous extract also significantly improved the performance of control and reverse spatial learning and memory deficits(621) in AD rats(620). Inhaledlavender oil, in oxidative stress induced rat, exhibited neuroprotective effects through its potent antioxidant and antiapoptotic activities(622).
b. Behavioural symptoms
Lavender aromatherapy, according to Kongju National University, was effective on emotions and aggressive behavior of elderly with dementia of the Alzheimer's type(624)and reduced disruptive behaviour in people with dementia(625). In agitated behaviour in severe dementia, 2% lavender oilaromatherapy stream administered on the ward for a two hour period, showed a modest effects in compared with placebo(626). The effectiveness of the herb in reduced behaviours in individuals with dementia potentially provide a safer intervention rather than reliance on pharmacology alone. The study's findings will translate easily to other countries and cultures(627).
c. Cognitive performance and Mood disorders
Aromatherapy applied to 28 elderly people with dementia, 17 of whom had Alzheimer's disease (AD), showed significant improvement in personal orientation related to cognitive function on both the Gottfries, Brane, Steen scale (GBSS-J)and Touch Panel-type Dementia Assessment Scale (TDAS), according to Tottori University(628) and emotions and aggressive behavior of elderly with dementia, according to Kongju National University(629). In emotional parameters, lavender essential oil also significantly enhanced mood responses, including anxiety(631)(633) and
depression(632)(634) probably through its relaxing effect(630).
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
(618) Lavender oil suppresses indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity in human PBMC. by Gostner JM, Ganzera M, Becker K, Geisler S, Schroecksnadel S, Überall F, Schennach H, Fuchs D1(PubMed).
(619) Protein Drug Targets of Lavandula angustifolia on treatment of Rat Alzheimer's Disease. by Zali H1, Zamanian-Azodi M1, Rezaei Tavirani M2, Akbar-Zadeh Baghban A3.(PubMed)
(620) Aqueous extract of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) improves the spatial performance of a rat model of Alzheimer's disease by Kashani MS1, Tavirani MR, Talaei SA, Salami M.(PubMed)
(621) Effects of lavender oil inhalation on improving scopolamine-induced spatial memory impairment in laboratory rats by Hritcu L1, Cioanca O, Hancianu M.(PubMed)
(622) Neuroprotective effects of inhaled lavender oil on scopolamine-induced dementia via anti-oxidative activities in rats by Hancianu M1, Cioanca O, Mihasan M, Hritcu L(PubMed)
(623) Biological activities of lavender essential oil. by Cavanagh HM1, Wilkinson JM.(PubMed)
(624) [The effect of lavender aromatherapy on cognitive function, emotion, and aggressive behavior of elderly with dementia].[Article in Korean] by Lee SY1.(PubMed)
(625) A randomised controlled trial of the use of aromatherapy and hand massage to reduce disruptive behaviour in people with dementia by Fu CY1, Moyle W, Cooke M.(PubMed)
(626) Lavender oil as a treatment for agitated behaviour in severe dementia: a placebo controlled study by Holmes C1, Hopkins V, Hensford C, MacLaughlin V, Wilkinson D, Rosenvinge H.(PubMed)
(627) The study protocol of a blinded randomised-controlled cross-over trial of lavender oil as a treatment of behavioural symptoms in dementia by van der Ploeg ES1, Eppingstall B, O'Connor DW(PubMed).
(628) Effect of aromatherapy on patients with Alzheimer's disease by Jimbo D1, Kimura Y, Taniguchi M, Inoue M, Urakami K.(PubMed)
(629) [The effect of lavender aromatherapy on cognitive function, emotion, and aggressive behavior of elderly with dementia].[Article in Korean] by Lee SY1.(PubMed)
(630) The effects of lavender oil inhalation on emotional states, autonomic nervous system, and brain electrical activity by Sayorwan W1, Siripornpanich V, Piriyapunyaporn T, Hongratanaworakit T, Kotchabhakdi N, Ruangrungsi N.(PubMed)
(631) The effects of lavender scent on dental patient anxiety levels: a cluster randomised-controlled trial by Kritsidima M1, Newton T, Asimakopoulou K.(PubMed)
(632) A case series on the use of lavendula oil capsules in patients suffering from major depressive disorder and symptoms of psychomotor agitation, insomnia and anxiety by Fißler M1, Quante A2.(PubMed)
(633) The effects of lavender and rosemary essential oils on test-taking anxiety among graduate nursing students by McCaffrey R1, Thomas DJ, Kinzelman AO.(PubMed)
(634) [Effects of lavender aromatherapy on insomnia and depression in women college students].[Article in Korean] by Lee IS1, Lee GJ.(PubMed)