Human toxicity is a general term refers to any substance which causes harm to human health if inhaled, ingested or absorbed through the skin.
Liver stress is a condition in which the function of the liver is partly reduced. Hepatic stress can be observed by the levels of liver stress-makers, including transaminases aspartate transaminase (AST) and alanine transaminase (ALT).
Epidemiologically, drugs that induce liver injury are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), anti-infective drugs (anti-tubercular drugs), anti-cancer drugs, hormonal drugs, immunosuppressive agents, sedative and neuropsychiatric drugs.
Acetaminophen according to study is the most form of medication that implicates drug-induced liver injury
However, antibiotics are the class of drugs that cause liver toxicity most commonly
Conventionally, treatment of liver toxicity is totally depending on the types of inducers, including
* Management of drug-induced liver injury by discontinuing the suspected drug.
* Acetaminophen poisoning is treated by antidote N-acetylcysteine.
* Glucocorticoids are used for the treatment of the immune-mediated drug-induced liver injury.
* Intravenous N- acetylcysteine is used for the treatment of non-acetaminophen-related acute liver failure
Tomatoes provide about 80% of the lycopene in the world diet. In plants, lycopene protects the host against excessive photodamage and perform various functions in photosynthesis.
On finding a potential compound for the prevention of liver injury, researchers investigated the potential oxidative damage of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in hepatic microsomal fractions in an animal model.
* Group I served as a control and is incubated with vehicle (toluene).
* Groups II and IV incubated with 20 µM lycopene for 1 h before further incubating; and
* Groups III and IV with 15 nM of TCDD for further 1 h.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Lose Weight
How To Get Rid Of Eye Floaters
Contrary To Professionals Prediction, Floaters Can Be Cured Naturally
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Homepage http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrition, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published online, including worldwide health, ezine articles, article base, health blogs, self-growth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bioscience, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Lycopene: Hepatoprotective and Antioxidant Effects toward Bisphenol A-Induced Toxicity in Female Wistar Rats by Abdel-Rahman HG1, Abdelrazek HMA2, Zeidan DW3, Mohamed RM4, Abdelazim AM. (PubMed)
(2) Ameliorative effect of lycopene against 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced rat liver microsomal toxicity: an in vitro study by Aly HA1, El-Shitany NA2, El-Beshbishy HA3, Ashour OM. (PubMed)
(3) Liver Toxicity by Anam Bashir, and Dhruv Mehta. (NCBI)