Carrots may have a profound and positive effect in reduced risk of stroke, some scientists suggested.
Stroke is a medical condition caused by reduced blood flow to the brain resulting in cell death due to blocked artery (ischemic stroke) or the leaking or bursting of a blood vessel (hemorrhagic stroke).
6. Vitamin A
7. Thiamine (VittaminB1)
8. Riboflavin (Vittamin B2)
9. Niacin (Vittamin B3)
10. Vitamin B6
11. Folate (Vittamin B9)
12. Vitamin C
13. Vitamin K
In the review of literature published to understand more of the role of carotenoids as antioxidants in lowering stroke risk based on observational studies, researchers at the Isfahan University of Medical Sciences conduct a search with some important keywords, including (Carotenoids [MeSH] OR Carotenes [tiab] OR Carotene [tiab] OR "lycopene [Supplementary Concept]" [MeSH] OR lycopene [tiab] OR beta-Carotene [tiab]) AND (stroke [MeSH] OR stroke [tiab] OR "Cerebrovascular Accident" [tiab] OR "Cerebrovascular Apoplexy" [tiab] OR "Brain Vascular Accident" [tiab] OR "Cerebrovascular Stroke" [tiab]) AND ("oxidative stress" [MeSH] OR "oxidative stress"[tiab]).
The results of the searching of papers published between 2000 and 2017 suggested that
* High dietary intake of six main carotenoids (i.e., lycopene, <- and®-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, and astaxanthin) was associated with reduced risk of stroke due to their benefits in reduced over expression of reactive oxygen species.
Additionally, in the examine the hypothese whether low serum levels of lycopene are associated with increased risk of acute coronary events and stroke in middle-aged men previously free of CHD and stroke , researchers launched an investigation of 725 men aged 46-64 years examined in 1991-3 in the Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor Study.
According to the observation of a Cox' proportional hazard's model, after adjusting to examination years, age, systolic blood pressure and three nutritional factors (serum folate, beta-carotene and plasma vitamin C), researchers found that all 41 men are in the lowest quarter of serum lycopene levels.
Taken together, carrot with high ammount of bioactive carotenoids, especially lycopene may be considered as a function food in reduced the prevalent risk of stroke.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Carotenoids as Potential Antioxidant Agents in Stroke Prevention: A Systematic Review by Bahonar A1, Saadatnia M1, Khorvash F1, Maracy M2, Khosravi A(PubMed)
(2) Dietary and circulating lycopene and stroke risk: a meta-analysis of prospective studies by Li X1, Xu J2.(PubMed)
(3) Low serum lycopene concentration is associated with an excess incidence of acute coronary events and stroke: the Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor Study by Rissanen TH1, Voutilainen S, Nyyssönen K, Lakka TA, Sivenius J, Salonen R, Kaplan GA, Salonen JT.(PubMed)
(4) Healthy eating and stroke(Stroke Foundation)