Adding a portion of carrots in your daily diet may have a profound and positive effect in prevent onset of leukemia, some scientists suggested.
Leukemia is progressive cancer characterized by bone marrow and other blood-forming organs in produced increased numbers of immature or abnormal leukocytes, thus suppressing the production of normal blood cells.
Carrot, a root vegetable with orange color is a sub spices of Daucus carota, belongings to the family Apiaceae, native to Asian and Europe.
6. Vitamin A
7. Thiamine (VittaminB1)
8. Riboflavin (Vittamin B2)
9. Niacin (Vittamin B3)
10. Vitamin B6
11. Folate (Vittamin B9)
12. Vitamin C
13. Vitamin K
In the evaluation of the effect of Daucus carota oil extract (DCOE) in target acute myeloid leukemia (AML) cell lines, researcher at the Lebanese American University, found that application of carrot extract exerts a significant activity in inhibited all the AML cell lines while expressing no effect in tested peripheral mononuclear cells.
Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) are blood cells with round nuclei formed an important part of immune system components, including lymphocytes (T cells, B cells and NK cells) and monocytes. The mononuclear cells are commonly used in research on immune disorders, cancer and viral diseases.......
Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) are family of serine/threonine protein kinases with strong effect in regulated cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, motility, stress response, apoptosis, and survival.
* Injection of carrot extracts which contained polyacetylenes and carotenoids was significantly more cytotoxic in all three lymphoid leukaemia cell linesthan the 4 other fractions.
* Treatments with purified polyacetylenes also induced apoptosis in a dose and time responsive manner.
* Falcarinol and falcarindiol-3-acetate isolated from Daucus carota L were more cytotoxic in compared to falcarindiol
* Interestingly, the carotenoids treatment showed no significant effect on either apoptosis or proliferation in any of the tested cell lines.
However, intake of carrot supplement should be taken with extreme care in prevention of acute liver toxicity.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Effects of bioactive compounds from carrots (Daucus carota L.), polyacetylenes, beta-carotene and lutein on human lymphoid leukaemia cells by Zaini RG1, Brandt K, Clench MR, Le Maitre CL.(PubMed)
(2) Bioactive chemicals from carrot (Daucus carota) juice extracts for the treatment of leukemia.
Zaini R1, Clench MR, Le Maitre CL(PubMed)