Carrots and tomatoes and theirs major bioactive carotenoids may have a profound and positive effect in boosting immunity, some scientists suggested.
The results of the studies were carried out by numbers institutes in numbers of different differentiation, including Institute of Nutritional Physiology, Federal Research Centre for Nutrition.
Carrot, a root vegetable with orange color is a sub spices of Daucus carota, belongings to the family Apiaceae, native to Asian and Europe.
Tomato is a red, edible fruit, genus Solanum, belongings to family Solanaceae, native to South America.
In the investigation of the effect of beta-carotene has been shown to enhance immune functions in humans, the Institute of Nutritional Physiology, Federal Research Centre for Nutrition launched an study to examine whether vegetables rich in carotenoids, such as beta-carotene or lycopene, exert any modulation of immune function in healthy humans.
Epidemiological studies suggested that consuming carotenoids form food sources may provide a variety of health benefits including a reduced incidence of cancers, risk of cardiovascular disease, and improved eye health,.......
Natural killer cells is a type of white blood cells formed a component of innate immune system with function in inhibited microorganisms infected cells.
* Both juices treated participants demonstrate relatively fast responses in plasma carotenoid concentrations (p < 0.0002) without inducing concomitant changes in immune functions.
* 330 ml carrot juice (21.6 mg beta-carotene/d, 15.7 mg alpha-carotene/d, 0.5 mg lutein/d) (weeks 5-6)
* 10 g dried spinach powder (11.3 mg lutein/d, 3.1 mg beta-carotene/d) (weeks 7-8).
Dietary intervention improved the IL-2 and IL-4 secretion values. however the levels of IL-2 and IL-4 were significantly suppressed after the low-carotenoid diet.
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal - The Revolutionary Findings To Achieve Optimal Health And Loose Weight
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
Kyle J. Norton (Scholar, Master of Nutrients, All right reserved)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
(1) Supplementation of a low-carotenoid diet with tomato or carrot juice modulates immunefunctions in healthy men by Watzl B1, Bub A, Briviba K, Rechkemmer G(PubMed)
(2) Modulation of human T-lymphocyte functions by the consumption of carotenoid-rich vegetables by Watzl B1, Bub A, Brandstetter BR, Rechkemmer G.(PubMed)
(3) Factors influencing the chemical stability of carotenoids in foods by Boon CS1, McClements DJ, Weiss J, Decker EA(PubMed)