Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Dementia is defined as neuro degeneration syndrome among elder, affecting memory, thinking, orientation, comprehension, calculation, learning capacity, language, and judgement over 47 millions
of worldwide population, mostly in the West. The evaluation of the syndrome by holistic medicine has been lacking, especially through conventional medicine research and studies. The aim of this essay is to provide accurate information of how effective of holistic medicine in prevention, management and treatment of dementia through searching data base of PubMed.
This is the third time, a research paper has been written this way to general public that you will not find any where in the net.
Dementia is a neuropsychiatric disorder induced of cognitive impairment and behavioral disturbances. The behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD) are common, with a progressive loss of memory and other mental abilities, affecting a person's ability to perform usual tasks in everyday life.
A. In General herbal Chinese medicine
A.5. Radix rehmanniae(Di Huang)
Radix rehmanniae, a sweet and bitter herb, is also known as Di huang(sheng di huang is Cold in nature and shu di huang is Warm in nature), used in tradition Chinese medicine over thousand of years for treatment of the weakness caused by tuberculosis, vomiting blood, nose bleeding, coughing blood, bleeding in the uterus as its function of blood tonification, by enhancing function of heart, kidney, and liver channels(796).
3. Rehmanniosides A-D
7. Jioglutoside A-B, 6-O-E-feruloyl ajugol
8. Rehmaglutins A-D
9. Glutinoside, purpureaside C
Di huang used in the treatment and prevention of dementia(798) in traditional Chinese medicine, may be due to their effectiveness of phytochemicals in ameliorated amyloid pathology and related cognitive deficits(799). In senile dementia, Di huang exhibited its elicit memory-improving effects, through its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiapoptotic, neurogenetic, and anti-Aβ activities(760).
1. Neuroprotective effects
Paeng-Jo-Yeon-Nyeon-Baek-Ja-In-Hwan (PJBH), congaing Di huang and 17 other herbs, exhibited anti lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzyme activities in decreased production of malondialdehyde (MDA) involved in neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease (AD)(801), through cholinesterase inhibited effects(802). Other prescriptive formula, palmul-chongmyeong-tang, in ischemia-induced rats, exhibited a protective effect against ischemia-induced neuronal and cognitive impairments of learning and memory(803).
2. Psychological symptoms
Polysaccharides extracted from shudihuang (radix rehmanniae preparata) in infant male rats study, significantly inhibited MSG-induced anxiety, through its phytochemicals in down regulation of beta-synuclein, protein DJ-1, linking toneurodegeneration in patient with dementia. etc.(804).
3. Improved earning and memory
In rats damaged thalamic arcuate nucleus, shu di-huang showed to up regulate the expression of hippocampal NGF, c-fos in improving the function of learning and memory(805). In dementia model, the herb decreased the times of mistakes and prolong the incubation period in step down task, through increased expression of hippocampal receptors, involved brain memory forming, organizing, and storing(806). Other formula, such as Ba-Wei-Di-Huang decoction, also enhanced capacity for learning and memory, through expression of autocrine motility factor receptor (AMFR), a multifunctional protein involved in cellular adhesion, proliferation, motility and apoptosis on animal model of Alzheimer's disease (AD)(807)(808)(809).
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Reverse Infertility And Get Pregnant Naturally
Using Holistic Ancient Chinese Medicine
(802) Huperzine B, a novel acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, attenuates hydrogen peroxide induced injury in PC12 cells. by Zhang HY1, Tang XC.(PubMed)
(803) Neuroprotective effect of palmul-chongmyeong-tang on ischemia-induced learning and memory deficits in the rat. by Yun YJ1, Lee B, Hahm DH, Kang SK, Han SM, Lee HJ, Pyun KH, Shim I.(PubMed)
(804) Mechanism-based anti-anxiety effects of polysaccharides extracted from shudihuang (radix rehmanniae preparata) by two-dimensional electrophoresis analysis in rat hippocampus proteins. by Cui Y1, Rong C, Wang J, Cui C, Wang L, Feng Z, Feng J, Niu B.(PubMed)
(805) [Effect of shu di-huang on the expression of c-fos and NGF in hippocampi and learning and memory of rats damaged thalamic arcuate nucleus].[Article in Chinese] by Cui Y1, Hou SL, Yan ZH, Chang ZF.(PubMed)
(806) [Effect of shu di-huang on the transmitter and receptor of amino acid in brain and learning and memory of dementia model].[Article in Chinese] by Cui Y1, Yan ZH, Hou SL, Chang ZF.(PubMed)
(807) Autocrine motility factor receptor is involved in the process of learning and memory in the central nervous system. by Yang Y1, Cheng XR, Zhang GR, Zhou WX, Zhang YX.(PubMed)
(808) Detecting global and local hippocampal shape changes in Alzheimer's disease using statistical shape models. by Shen KK, Fripp J, Mériaudeau F, Chételat G, Salvado O, Bourgeat P; Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative.(PubMed)
(809) Memory impairments associated with hippocampal versus parahippocampal-gyrus atrophy: an MR volumetry study in Alzheimer's disease. by Köhler S1, Black SE, Sinden M, Szekely C, Kidron D, Parker JL, Foster JK, Moscovitch M, Winocour G, Szalai JP, Bronskill MJ.(PubMed)