By Kyle J. Norton Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
ESome articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Selenium (Se) was discovered in 1817 by Jon Jakob Berzelius. It is a chemical element with the chemical number of 34 and atomic mass of 78.96. It is necessary for cellular function in our body for reducing certain oxidized molecules.
Selenium is a very important trace element for our body. Too little selenium or too large an amount of selenium can result in certain types of disease, therefore if you want to take selenium supplements, it is for your own good to talk to your doctor first.
1. Immune system(1)(2)
Selenium is an antioxidant. When it works with vitamin E, it helps to improve the immune system(3) in fighting against abnormal cell development such as endometriosis implants and adhesion, oxidation of fat, and cancer(4).
2. Menstrual cramps(5)
Selenium is necessary for a strong liver to ensure the secretion of bile to the intestine for protein and fat metabolism, which are essential for our brain cells. Deficiency of selenium(6) causes brain cell inability to perform their function resulting in weakening the signal transmitting for hormonal production which regulates the woman's menstrual cycle leading to menstrual cramps.
3. Nervous and circulation systems(2)
Since we already know that selenium is vital for our brain cell to carry daily activities, deficiency of selenium causes depletion of oxygen levels in our blood as well as blocking the transportation of nutrients to our body's cells as resulting of high levels of bad cholesterol(8) in our blood leading to symptoms of endometriosis, heart diseases(7), and stroke(7).
4. Respiratory system(9)
Some researchers have suggested that selenium supplementation, along with other nutrients, can help prevent the recurrence of certain lung diseases and improve the lung. If it is true, then it is important for women with endometriosis, because a strong lung helps the bloodstream to absorb more oxygen which is vital for our body's cells to perform daily functions.
Low levels of selenium in the body may cause kidney disease(10)(11) and arthritis(12).
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple WaySuper foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Modulatory effects of selenium and zinc on the immune system by M1, Ebringer L.(PubMed)
(2) The importance of selenium to human health by Rayman MP.(PubMed)
(3) Immunomodulatory effects of selenium and vitamin E on alterations in T lymphocyte subsets induced by T-2 toxin by Salimian J1, Arefpour MA, Riazipour M, Poursasan N.(PubMed)
(4) tamin E and the risk of prostate cancer: the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT) by Klein EA1, Thompson IM Jr, Tangen CM, Crowley JJ, Lucia MS, Goodman PJ, Minasian LM, Ford LG, Parnes HL, Gaziano JM, Karp DD, Lieber MM, Walther PJ, Klotz L, Parsons JK, Chin JL, Darke AK, Lippman SM, Goodman GE, Meyskens FL Jr, Baker LH.(PubMed)
(5) Treatment of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome category IIIA with Serenoa repens plus selenium and lycopene (Profluss) versus S. repens alone: an Italian randomized multicenter-controlled study by Morgia G1, Mucciardi G, Galì A, Madonia M, Marchese F, Di Benedetto A, Romano G, Bonvissuto G, Castelli T, Macchione L, Magno C.(PubMed)
(6) [Muscular symptoms common in selenium deficiency. Association with growth pain, restless legs and calf cramps].[Article in Swedish by Brahme-Isgren M1, Stenhammar L.(PubMed)
(7) Nutritional deficiency of selenium secondary to weight loss (bariatric) surgery associated with life-threatening cardiomyopathy by Boldery R1, Fielding G, Rafter T, Pascoe AL, Scalia GM.(PubMed)
(8) Hypercholesterolemia and apolipoprotein B expression: regulation by selenium status by Dhingra S1, Bansal MP.(PubMed)
(9) Pulmonary effects of short term selenium deficiency by Coursin DB1, Cihla HP.(PubMed)
(10) Selenium in chronic liver disease.