- @General Health
- @Children Health
- #Women #Health
- My List of Super Foods
- @Phytochemicals In Foods
- Men Health
- Vitamin Therapy
- @Most common Types of Cancer
- Most Common Diseases of Elders
- @Obesity's complications and Weight Loss
- @Healthy Foods Index
- @Popular Chinese Herbs
- Phytochemicals - Cancers and Diseases
- @Popular Herbs
- Dietary Minerals
- Researched Essays Through Holistic Clinical Trials and Studies
- Food Therapies
- Herbal Therapies
- Phytochemical therapy
- Alternative Therapy(Yoga, Anti Aging and Regular Walking)
- Tons of Recipes
Natural Medicine for Fatty Liver And Obesity Reversal
Friday, 31 October 2014
Endometriosis: The Effects of Chinese herb Valerian(revised edition with references)
By Kyle J. Norton Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Valerian is a hardy perennial flowering plant, with heads of sweetly scented pink or white flowers. It is best known for its use as a pain reliever and sedative(2).
1. Nervous system(1)
Valerian helps to treat insomnia and other kinds of sleeping disorder by calming the overactive nervous system caused by excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain as resulting of hormonal imbalance between estrogen and progesterone during menstrual cycle.
Intake of valerian is said to have a property like benezodiazepine drugs, because it is highly sedative which helps to reduce the tension of nervous system(3)(4) such as insomnia, anxiety, and depression during menstrual cycle(1)(5).
3. Intake with vitamin C
Study showed that daily intake of vitamin C from food sources may reduce risk of endometriosis(9). Some women saw no effect of valerian in treating their symptoms of endometriosis(10) because of digestive problem(11). Intake of valerian with vitamin C will help to improve its absorption(11) and enhance the effectiveness.
4. Essential oils
The essential oils made from valerian have a calming effect in abdominal pain. By placing some oils on the skin of the abdomen and gently massage until the oil is completely absorbed will help to relieve the menstrual pain, probably because of its antispasmodic effects(2).
5. Improve liver function(6)
Valerian contains alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) in alcohol metabolism that helps to break down enzyme in the liver cells. It is important for women with endometriosis who also have a history of drinking problems. By avoiding the alcohol damage to the liver, valerian helps to strengthen the liver in metabolisms of fatty acids(7), and protein(8) that lessen risk of menstrual symptoms.
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple Way
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Herbal extracts and phytochemicals: plant secondary metabolites and the enhancement of human brain function by Kennedy DO1, Wightman EL.(PubMed)
(2) Effects of valerian on the severity and systemic manifestations of dysmenorrhea by Mirabi P1, Dolatian M, Mojab F, Majd HA.(PubMed)
(3) Valeriana officinalis extract and its main component, valerenic acid, ameliorate D-galactose-induced reductions in memory, cell proliferation, and neuroblast differentiation by reducing corticosterone levels and lipid peroxidation by Nam SM1, Choi JH, Yoo DY, Kim W, Jung HY, Kim JW, Kang SY, Park J, Kim DW, Kim WJ, Yoon YS, Hwang IK.(PubMed)
(4) Can Valeriana officinalis root extract prevent early postoperative cognitive dysfunction after CABG surgery? A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial by Hassani S1, Alipour A, Darvishi Khezri H, Firouzian A, Emami Zeydi A, Gholipour Baradari A, Ghafari R, Habibi WA, Tahmasebi H, Alipour F, Ebrahim Zadeh P.(PubMed)
(5) A double-blind, placebo-controlled investigation of the effects of two doses of a valerian preparation on the sleep, cognitive and psychomotor function of sleep-disturbed older adults by Diaper A1, Hindmarch I.(PubMed)
(6) Valeriana jatamansi partially reverses liver cirrhosis and tissue hyperproliferative response in rat by Prasad R1, Naime M, Routray I, Mahmood A, Khan F, Ali S.(PubMed)
(7) Apolipoprotein E isoforms disrupt long-chain fatty acid distribution in the plasma, the liver and the adipose tissue of mice by Conway V1, Larouche A2, Alata W3, Vandal M4, Calon F4, Plourde M5.(PubMed)
(8) Dynamism of rat liver ornithine metabolisms in relation to dietary high-protein stimulation of the urea cycle by Matsuzawa T, Sugimoto N, Ishiguro I.(PubMed)
(9) A prospective cohort study of Vitamins B, C, E, and multivitamin intake and endometriosis by Darling AM1, Chavarro JE2, Malspeis S3, Harris HR4, Missmer SA5.(PubMed)
(10) Antioxidant supplementation reduces endometriosis-related pelvic pain in humans by Santanam N1, Kavtaradze N, Murphy A, Dominguez C, Parthasarathy S.(PubMed)
(11) [Vitamin C treatment of digestive disorders from intolerance to PAS absorption].[Article in Undetermined Language] by PICHAT.(PubMed)