- Kyle J. Norton's Health Tips (812) Alternative Therapy, Whole Foods and Phytochemicals
- @General Health
- @Children Health
- #Women #Health
- My List of Super Foods
- @Phytochemicals In Foods
- Men Health
- Vitamin Therapy
- @Most common Types of Cancer
- Most Common Diseases of Elders
- @Obesity's complications and Weight Loss
- @Healthy Foods Index
- @Popular Chinese Herbs
- Phytochemicals - Cancers and Diseases
- @Popular Herbs
- Dietary Minerals
- Researched Essays Through Holistic Clinical Trials and Studies
- Food Therapies
- Herbal Therapies
- Phytochemical therapy
- Alternative Therapy(Yoga, Anti Aging and Regular Walking)
- Tons of Recipes
Thursday, 30 October 2014
Endometriosis: The Effects of Chinese herb Cinnamon(revised edition with references)
By Kyle J. Norton Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
During the last stage of the menstrual cycle, normally a layer of endometriosis lining on the inside of the uterus is expelled, known as menstruation blood, instead some of the endometriosis tissues grow somewhere in the body to cause endometriosis. Endometriosis also react to hormone signals of the monthly menstrual cycle, by building and breaking up tissues and eliminating them through menstrual period.
Cinnamon is an evergreen tree about 32.8–49.2 feet tall, belonging to the family lauraceara. It is famous in treating diabetes by balancing the levels of insulin in the bloodstream and regulating the pancreas in production of insulin(1)(2).
Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant that not only helps to strengthen the immune system in fighting against forming of endometrial implants and adhesion(5), virus and bacteria invasion(4), it also helps to reduce blood flow during menstruation.
Through its antioxidant effects, cinnamon also balances the production of reactive oxygen and readily detoxify the reactive intermediates(3) caused by environmental toxins resulting in strengthening the immune system's ability to fight against the forming of free radicals and endometriosis.
2. Digestive system(8)(9)
Cinnamon helps to improve the digestive absorption, which is essential for women with endometriosis because most of them are found to have low levels of vital vitamins and minerals during menstrual cycle due to low levels of stomach acid.
3. Essential oil for menstrual pain
Cinnamon contains caryophyllene(10), a natural bicyclic sesquiterpene that is a constituent of many essential oils. It helps to relieve menstrual cramp by putting it on the abdominal region then massage it until the oil is completely absorbed into the skin(10).
4. Food and sugar craving
Besides stimulating the on and off of insulin production by pancreas depending to the levels of insulin in the bloodstream(11), it helps to treat the food and sugar craving caused by over production of insulin(12)(13) during menstrual cycle for some women with endometriosis(14).
5. Immune system
Cinnamon contain antimicrobial properties(4). It helps to strengthen the immune system in fighting against any inflammation and infection(6)(7).
Weight Loss the Easy Ways
Andrea Albright Featured on Health and Fitness Jan. 2015
will Personally Coach You How to Get There The Easy Way
If You Are Looking For a SoulMate
Celebrity Patti Stanger Will Coach You To Get Him/Her
and Keep Him/Her for Good,The Simple Way
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer
Back to Obesity's Complications http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/obesitys-complications.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Chromium and polyphenols from cinnamon improve insulin sensitivity by Anderson RA.(PubMed)
(2) Effects of the polyphenol content on the anti-diabetic activity of Cinnamomum zeylanicum extracts by IM K1, Issac A, NM J, Ninan E, Maliakel B, Kuttan R.(PubMed)
(3) Antioxidant activity of cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum, Breyne) extracts by Mancini-Filho J1, Van-Koiij A, Mancini DA, Cozzolino FF, Torres RP.(PubMed)
(4) Antimicrobial effect of extracts from Chinese chive, cinnamon, and corni fructus by Mau J1, Chen C, Hsieh P.(PubMed)
(5) The traditional chinese medicine prescription pattern of endometriosis patients in taiwan: a population-based study by Fang RC1, Tsai YT, Lai JN, Yeh CH, Wu CT.(PubMed)
(6) Cinnamon polyphenol extract affects immune responses by regulating anti- and proinflammatory and glucose transporter gene expression in mouse macrophages by Cao H1, Urban JF Jr, Anderson RA.(PubMed)
(7) Cinnamon extract inhibits degranulation and de novo synthesis of inflammatory mediators in mast cells by Hagenlocher Y1, Bergheim I, Zacheja S, Schäffer M, Bischoff SC, Lorentz A.(PubMed)
(8) Cinnamon polyphenols regulate multiple metabolic pathways involved in insulin signaling and intestinal lipoprotein metabolism of small intestinal enterocytes by Qin B1, Dawson HD, Schoene NW, Polansky MM, Anderson RA.(PubMed)
(9) Improvement of the bioavailability and glycaemic metabolism of cinnamon oil in rats by liquid loadable tablets by Han C1, Cui B.(PubMed)
(10) Pain relief assessment by aromatic essential oil massage on outpatients with primary dysmenorrhea: a randomized, double-blind clinical trial by Ou MC1, Hsu TF, Lai AC, Lin YT, Lin CC.(PubMed)
(11) Chemical composition and hypoglycemic and pancreas-protective effect of leaf essential oil from indigenous cinnamon (Cinnamomum osmophloeum Kanehira). by Lee SC1, Xu WX, Lin LY, Yang JJ, Liu CT.(PubMed)
(12) Food cravings during acute hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes by Strachan MW1, Ewing FM, Frier BM, Harper A, Deary IJ.(PubMed)
(13) Effect on insulin sensitivity of Implanon vs. GnRH agonist in women with endometriosis by Cagnacci A1, Tirelli A, Cannoletta M, Pirillo D, Volpe A.(PubMed)
(14) Changes in insulin sensitivity, secretion and glucose effectiveness during menstrual cycle by Escalante Pulido JM1, Alpizar Salazar M.(PubMed)