Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are medical condition mostly caused by work related occupations and working environment, affecting patients’ muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves and developing over time. A community sample of 73 females and 32 males aged 85 and over underwent a standardised examination at home. Musculoskeletal pain was reported by 57% of those interviewed. A major restriction of joint movement range was frequent in the shoulder but uncommon in other joints(1).
Types of Musculo-Skeletal disorders in elder(2)
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis
4. Polymalagia Arthritis
5. Cervical myleopathy and spinal canal stenosis
7. Low back pain
Osteoarthritis (OA), a form of arthritis, is defined as a condition of as a result of aging causes of wear and tear on a joint, affecting over 25 million people in the United States in alone. University of Porto Medical School indicated that one must understand the differences in prevalence and incidence estimates of osteoarthritis (OA), according to case definition, in knee, hip and hand joints(3).
The characteristics of osteoarthritis are aching pain(5), stiffness(6), or difficulty of moving the joint or joints(7). The pain usually gets worse in change of weather, at night and in the advanced diseases, the pain can occur even at rest(8). Today management of osteoarthritis (OA) focuses on pain relief and improved physical function through pharmacological, non pharmacological, and surgical treatments(4).
Garlic (Allium sativum) is a species in the onion genus, belongings to family Amaryllidaceae, native to central Asia, used popularly in traditional and Chinese medicine to treat common cold and flu(306), strengthen immunity(292), etc.... Recent studies also showed that garlic exhibits its anti-inflammatory effects against chronic inflammatory disease(284) through phytochemical allicin(285) and other mechanisms(286).
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) or ginger root is the genus Zingiber, belongings to the family Zingiberaceae, native to Tamil, used in traditional and Chinese medicine to treat rheumatoid arthritis(291) and osteoarthritis(287) through its anti inflammatory, antioxidant and immune-modulatory effects(288)(289)(290), speed up wounding healing(290)(291), etc.
Turmeric is a perennial plant in the genus Curcuma, belongings to the family Zingiberaceae, native to tropical South Asia. The herb has been used in traditional medicine as anti-oxidant(293)(294), anti inflammations(295), etc. agent. Epidemiological studies also found that the efficacy of turmeric for treatment for low grade inflammatory diseases through its anti inflammatory(295)(296), antioxidant(297)(298) and immunmodulatory(299)(300) activities.
1.4. Green tea
Green tea contains more amount of antioxidants than any drinks or food with the same volume, and is the leaves of Camellia sinensis, undergone minimal oxidation during processing, originated from China. Green tea has been a precious drink in traditional Chinese culture and used exceptional in socialization for more than 4000 thousand years. Because of their health benefits, green tea has been cultivated for commercial purposes all over the world. Epidemiological studies suggested that green tea induced weight loss(301)(302), improved chronic inflammatory diseases through its antioxidant(303)(304), anti inflammatory(305)(306) and immune modulatory(307)(308) activities.
1.5. Shiitake mushrooms
Shiitake mushroom is an edible mushroom, genus Lentinula, belonging to family Marasmiaceae, native to East Asia and widely cultivated for consumption for its health benefits and commercial purpose in many Asian countries. Recent studies showed that Shiitake mushrooms are also consisted properties of enhanced immune system(309)(310)(311) against inflammation(312)(313) causes of chronic inflammatory diseases(314), etc..
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer recommended by Kyle J. Norton
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Prevalence of rheumatic symptoms, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and gout in Shanghai, China: a COPCORD study by Dai SM1, Han XH, Zhao DB, Shi YQ, Liu Y, Meng JM.(PubMed)
(2) Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Elderly by Ramon Gheno, Juan M. Cepparo, Cristina E. Rosca,1 and Anne Cotten(PMC)
(3) The effect of osteoarthritis definition on prevalence and incidence estimates: a systematic review by Pereira D1, Peleteiro B, Araújo J, Branco J, Santos RA, Ramos E.(PubMed)
(4) Effect of therapeutic aquatic exercise on symptoms and function associated with lower limb osteoarthritis: systematic review with meta-analysis by Waller B1, Ogonowska-Slodownik A2, Vitor M3, Lambeck J4, Daly D5, Kujala UM6, Heinonen A7.(PubMed)
(5) Effects of therapeutic ultrasound on pain, physical functions and safety outcomes in patients with kneeosteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis by Zhang C1, Xie Y2, Luo X3, Ji Q3, Lu C3, He C4, Wang P3.(PubMed)
(6) Oral intake of purple passion fruit peel extract reduces pain and stiffness and improves physical function in adult patients with knee osteoarthritis by Farid R1, Rezaieyazdi Z, Mirfeizi Z, Hatef MR, Mirheidari M, Mansouri H, Esmaelli H, Bentley G, Lu Y, Foo Y, Watson RR.(PubMed)
(7) Functional ability, mobility, and pain before and after knee replacement in patients aged 75 and older: a cross-sectional study by Limnell K1, Jämsen E, Huhtala H, Jäntti P, Puolakka T, Jylhä M.(PubMed)
(8) The symptoms of OA and the genesis of pain by David J. Hunter, MBBS PhD,1,2 Jason J. McDougall, BSc PhD,3 and Francis J. Keefe4(PubMed)
(283) Diet-Induced Dysbiosis of the Intestinal Microbiota and the Effects on Immunity and Disease by Kirsty Brown,† Daniella DeCoffe,† Erin Molcan, and Deanna L. Gibson(PubMed)
(284) Allium sativum (garlic) suppresses leukocyte inflammatory cytokine production in vitro: potential therapeutic use in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease by Hodge G1, Hodge S, Han P.(PubMed)
(285) Neuroprotective effect of allicin against traumatic brain injury via Akt/endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathway-mediated anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative activities by Chen W1, Qi J2, Feng F3, Wang MD1, Bao G1, Wang T1, Xiang M3, Xie WF4.(PubMed)
(286) Anti-inflammatory activity of sulfur-containing compounds from garlic by Lee da Y1, Li H, Lim HJ, Lee HJ, Jeon R, Ryu JH.(PubMed)
(287) Influence of a specific ginger combination on gastropathy conditions in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee or hip by Drozdov VN1, Kim VA, Tkachenko EV, Varvanina GG.(PubMed)
(288) Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition , by Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 2011.(PubMed)
(289) Immunity: plants as effective mediators by Sultan MT1, Butt MS, Qayyum MM, Suleria HA.(PubMed)
(299) 6-Shogaol inhibits chondrocytes' innate immune responses and cathepsin-K activity by Villalvilla A1, da Silva JA, Largo R, Gualillo O, Vieira PC, Herrero-Beaumont G, Gómez R.(PubMed)
(290) Zingiber officinale: A Potential Plant against Rheumatoid Arthritis by Al-Nahain A1, Jahan R2, Rahmatullah M1.(PubMed)
(291) Theoretical and experimental study on lipophilicity and wound healingactivity of ginger compounds by Bakht MA1, Alajmi MF2, Alam P2, Alam A3, Alam P3, Aljarba TM3.(PubMed)
(292) A Single Meal Containing Raw, Crushed Garlic Influences Expression of Immunity- and Cancer-Related Genes in Whole Blood of Humans by Charron CS1, Dawson HD1, Albaugh GP1, Solverson PM1, Vinyard BT2, Solano-Aguilar GI1, Molokin A1, Novotny JA3.(PubMed)
(293) A Newly Designed Curcumin Analog Y20 Mitigates Cardiac Injury via Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidant Actions in Obese Rats by Qian Y1, Zhong P2, Liang D1, Xu Z1, Skibba M1, Zeng C3, Li X1, Wei T3, Wu L4, Liang G1.(PubMed)
(294) Protective effects of various dosage of Curcumin against morphine induced apoptosis and oxidative stress in rat isolated hippocampus by Motaghinejad M1, Karimian M2, Motaghinejad O3, Shabab B4, Yazdani I5, Fatima S2.(PubMed)
(295) Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of curcuminoid-piperine combination in subjects with metabolic syndrome: A randomized controlled trial and an updated meta-analysis by Panahi Y1, Hosseini MS2, Khalili N2, Naimi E2, Majeed M3, Sahebkar A4.(PubMed)
(296) Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Novel Standardized Solid Lipid Curcumin Formulations by Nahar PP1, Slitt AL, Seeram NP.(PubMed)
(297) In vitro Antioxidant Potential in Sequential Extracts of Curcuma caesia Roxb. Rhizomes by Reenu J1, Azeez S1, Bhageerathy C1.(PubMed)
(298) Polyphenolic composition and antioxidant activities of 6 new turmeric(Curcuma longa L) accessions by Chinedum E1, Kate E, Sonia C, Ironkwe A,Andrew I.(PubMed)
(299) Curcuma as a functional food in the control of cancer and inflammation by Schaffer M1, Schaffer PM, Zidan J, Bar Sela G.(PubMed)
(300) Curcumin induces apoptosis in breast cancer cell lines and delays the growth of mammary tumors in neu transgenic mice by Masuelli L1, Benvenuto M, Fantini M, Marzocchella L, Sacchetti P, Di Stefano E, Tresoldi I, Izzi V, Bernardini R, Palumbo C, Mattei M, Lista F, Galvano F, Modesti A, Bei R.(PubMed)
(302) Thermogenic ingredients and body weight regulation by Hursel R1, Westerterp-Plantenga MS.(PubMed)
(304) Structural determination and DPPH radical-scavenging activity of two acylated flavonoid tetraglycosides in oolong tea (Camellia sinensis) by Lee VS1, Chen CR, Liao YW, Tzen JT, Chang CI.(PubMed)
(305) Evaluation of anti-inflammatory effects of green tea and black tea: A comparative in vitro study by Chatterjee P1, Chandra S, Dey P, Bhattacharya S.(PubMed)
(306) Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects of the green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin gallate in human corneal epithelial cells by Cavet ME1, Harrington KL, Vollmer TR, Ward KW, Zhang JZ.(PubMed)
(307) Immunomodulatory effects of EGCG fraction of green tea extract in innate and adaptive immunity via T regulatory cells in murine model by Kuo CL1, Chen TS, Liou SY, Hsieh CC.(PubMed)
(308) Immunomodulating effects of epigallocatechin-3-gallate from green tea: mechanisms and applications by Pae M1, Wu D.(PubMed)
(310) Structure and immuno-stimulating activities of a new heteropolysaccharide from Lentinula edodes by Xu X1, Yan H, Zhang X.(PubMed)
(311) Dietary supplementation with rice bran fermented with Lentinus edodes increases interferon-γ activity without causing adverse effects: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study by Choi JY, Paik DJ, Kwon DY, Park Y1.(PubMed)
(313) Effect of shiitake (Lentinus edodes) extract on antioxidant and inflammatory response to prolonged eccentric exercise by Zembron-Lacny A1, Gajewski M, Naczk M, Siatkowski I.(PubMed)
(314) Both common and specialty mushrooms inhibit adhesion molecule expression and in vitro binding of monocytes to human aortic endothelial cells in a pro-inflammatory environment by Martin KR1.(PubMed)