Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are medical condition mostly caused by work related occupations and working environment, affecting patients’ muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves and developing over time. A community sample of 73 females and 32 males aged 85 and over underwent a standardised examination at home. Musculoskeletal pain was reported by 57% of those interviewed. A major restriction of joint movement range was frequent in the shoulder but uncommon in other joints(1).
Types of Musculo-Skeletal disorders in elder(2)
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis
4. Polymalagia Arthritis
5. Cervical myleopathy and spinal canal stenosis
7. Low back pain
Osteoarthritis (OA), a form of arthritis, is defined as a condition of as a result of aging causes of wear and tear on a joint, affecting over 25 million people in the United States in alone. University of Porto Medical School indicated that one must understand the differences in prevalence and incidence estimates of osteoarthritis (OA), according to case definition, in knee, hip and hand joints(3).
The characteristics of osteoarthritis are aching pain(5), stiffness(6), or difficulty of moving the joint or joints(7). The pain usually gets worse in change of weather, at night and in the advanced diseases, the pain can occur even at rest(8). Today management of osteoarthritis (OA) focuses on pain relief and improved physical function through pharmacological, non pharmacological, and surgical treatments(4).
Glucosamine, a compound of the simple sugar glucose and the amino acid glutamine, is a precursor for glycosaminoglycans(194), a major component of joint cartilage(195). Treatment of glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid, collagen hydrolysate, or nutrients, such as antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids showed to prevent cartilage degeneration and treat arthritis, according to study(195).
Sulfated glycosaminoglycan (GAG), found in cartilage around joints in the body id a chemical composed of alternating sugars (N-acetylgalactosamine and glucuronic acid).
The chemical compound has been used as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for treatment of osteoarthritis by it self or combination with viscosupplementation, according to study(367).
Avocado soybean unsaponifiables (ASU) is a natural vegetable extract composed of one-third avocado oil and two-thirds soybean oil, may be used effectively for treatment of knee osteoarthritis to replace the use of analgesics and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), according to the a three-month, prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group trial(372). In patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee or hip, The extract inhibited functional disability, especially for patient with hip OA(373).
According to the Erasmus University Hospital of Brussels, daily intake of 300mg or 600mg of ASU, reduced intake of NSAIDs and analgesics by more than 50% in 71% in patient aged 45 to 80 years with femoro-tibial knee osteoarthritis(374) and improved symptoms of patients with OA of the knee and hip, according to the Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Devon(375) probably through modulating OA pathogenesis by inhibiting a number of molecules and pathways(376), such as preventing the osteoarthritic osteoblast-induced inhibition of matrix molecule production in induced cartilage repair (377),
Arthritis Is Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Super foods Library, Eat Yourself Healthy With The Best of the Best Nature Has to Offer recommended by Kyle J. Norton
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Prevalence of rheumatic symptoms, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and gout in Shanghai, China: a COPCORD study by Dai SM1, Han XH, Zhao DB, Shi YQ, Liu Y, Meng JM.(PubMed)
(2) Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Elderly by Ramon Gheno, Juan M. Cepparo, Cristina E. Rosca,1 and Anne Cotten(PMC)
(3) The effect of osteoarthritis definition on prevalence and incidence estimates: a systematic review by Pereira D1, Peleteiro B, Araújo J, Branco J, Santos RA, Ramos E.(PubMed)
(4) Effect of therapeutic aquatic exercise on symptoms and function associated with lower limb osteoarthritis: systematic review with meta-analysis by Waller B1, Ogonowska-Slodownik A2, Vitor M3, Lambeck J4, Daly D5, Kujala UM6, Heinonen A7.(PubMed)
(5) Effects of therapeutic ultrasound on pain, physical functions and safety outcomes in patients with kneeosteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis by Zhang C1, Xie Y2, Luo X3, Ji Q3, Lu C3, He C4, Wang P3.(PubMed)
(6) Oral intake of purple passion fruit peel extract reduces pain and stiffness and improves physical function in adult patients with knee osteoarthritis by Farid R1, Rezaieyazdi Z, Mirfeizi Z, Hatef MR, Mirheidari M, Mansouri H, Esmaelli H, Bentley G, Lu Y, Foo Y, Watson RR.(PubMed)
(7) Functional ability, mobility, and pain before and after knee replacement in patients aged 75 and older: a cross-sectional study by Limnell K1, Jämsen E, Huhtala H, Jäntti P, Puolakka T, Jylhä M.(PubMed)
(8) The symptoms of OA and the genesis of pain by David J. Hunter, MBBS PhD,1,2 Jason J. McDougall, BSc PhD,3 and Francis J. Keefe4(PubMed)
(194) Glucosamine inhibits the synthesis of glycosaminoglycan chains on vascular smooth muscle cell proteoglycans by depletion of ATP by Little PJ1, Drennon KD, Tannock LR.(PubMed)
(195) Effects of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate on Cartilage Metabolism in OA: Outlook on Other Nutrient Partners Especially Omega-3 Fatty Acid by Jörg Jerosch(PubMed)
(373) Symptomatic efficacy of avocado/soybean unsaponifiables in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee and hip: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial with a six-month treatment period and a two-month followup demonstrating a persistent effect. by Maheu E1, Mazières B, Valat JP, Loyau G, Le Loët X, Bourgeois P, Grouin JM, Rozenberg S.(PubMed)
(374) Symptoms modifying effect of avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU) in knee osteoarthritis. A double blind, prospective, placebo-controlled study by Appelboom T1, Schuermans J, Verbruggen G, Henrotin Y, Reginster JY.(PubMed)
(375) Avocado-soybean unsaponifiables (ASU) for osteoarthritis - a systematic review by Ernst E1.(PubMed)
(376) Management of Osteoarthritis with Avocado/Soybean Unsaponifiables by Christiansen BA1, Bhatti S2, Goudarzi R3, Emami S4.(PubMed)
(377) Avocado/soybean unsaponifiables prevent the inhibitory effect of osteoarthritic subchondral osteoblasts on aggrecan and type II collagen synthesis by chondrocytes by Henrotin YE1, Deberg MA, Crielaard JM, Piccardi N, Msika P, Sanchez C.(PubMed)